Teddy's Talk <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Teddy's Talk


Thought's, Idea's and What's New


Monday, November 17, 2003

It's Monday... and I think that Old Man Winter has stopped by for a visit.

Ugggh.... it's freezing here today. It went to minus 3 overnight. We did have some snow flurries on Saturday, and the wind was wicked. So we stayed home and did NOT stand out in the cold to see the parade. I couldn't handle it. So instead I made home made spagetti on Saturday night... with the left over sauce it was mac & cheese my crazy way on Sunday. LOL.

Tonight I'm going to make a blackforest ham supper, with the brownsugar glaze. Mike asked for it yesterday so I have the stuff ready to go.

I did have some time yesterday to do some pixeling.


I can't belive that Christmas is only 6 weeks away. I love Christmas, but sometimes I have to get my self in the mood to get the decorating done. This year were going to the tree lot to cut us down a tree... that is if they didn't lose them all because of the hurricane that we had at the end of September. If that happens I will just take the fake one out of the storage locker down stairs. But I would really like a real tree this year.

My tree is pretty much like everyone else's with the exception that I tend to stick to an Angel theme. I have white bead and no tinsel on my tree {because of Cali Rose I don't want her eating it } This year I think that I'm going to put a touch of gold on the tree, maybe in the form of ribbon's or something I'm not that sure yet.

I do have to get some things made, I have picked up some different ornaments at the dollar stores around here. I'm not so sure what I'm going to make with them yet though, I will just have to get everything out and see what I have.

Since there were no new birth's or new mates in the family this year I won't be making the personal ball's that I make for everyone. This is the first year in like forever that I haven't made one. Well actually 2, I make one for my mom's tree and one for the person's home tree as well. Name & Birthday if they are a new baby. It's a silly little tradition, but it's our silly one LOL.

I wonder how many family traditions get lost over the years. Some times it's the silliest of things. Like back in 1985, my parents went all out for Christmas. Mom even video taped it, I know that sounds like not a big thing now but back then wow it was unheard of. I remember the recorder it was HUGE lol. That year we had so much stuff, it filled under the tree and the entire living room. I have never seen anything like it, and will never again but it was something that my mom wanted to do for us. She had won a bunch of money one night in November at Bingo and she went nuts. You see my mom's parents divorced when she was only a baby and mom was bounced around, spending most of her time at my Great Gran's who was more of a mother to her than anyone.

Well that was the year the tradition of Bonking my baby sister on top of the head began. Yes really, my middle sister was passing a sled to our little brother { all wrapped up mind you } it slipped and bang right on top the little sister's head. Well ever since 1985, one of us ends up getting bonked on the head by something or someone. It always happens and we all end up laughing and remembering. Maybe it had alway's happened even before the great Christmas of '85. It's just that since that time we notice it and have the memory of it.. we will never forget.

Well that's enough for this novella.

Huggies to all who may read this book.
And have a day where you may make a great Memory.


Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003   07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003   08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?